bmore creative (bmore.co.uk) is a fast growing, multichannel advertising agency which combines creative design with digital expertise. The agency works primarily in healthcare but has a growing non-healthcare division
We have a film and photography studio in-house at The Coach House office.
We are incorporated into the IPA. All employees will receive accredited CPD training once their probation period is past.
We are incorporated into the IPA and members of RAR.
£ DOE + Benefits
The PHP Developer will be joining a fun team within a design agency environment and will work closely with the different departments to ensure the correct solutions are used for various project. The role will include using previous experience of PHP and frameworks in a LAMP stack environment to deliver on key project deliverables.
The role will require the developer to be able to hit the ground running working with legacy code of existing projects using the documentation provided, and suggest improvements where possible and be able to verbalise a case for change. Good communication skills are a must.
There is always something fresh and challenging to do and you will be at the heart of the business with an opportunity to stretch yourself on very engaging projects. You have the freedom and support to help develop your skills and help the team grow with you.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Expert debugging in all modern browsers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work and communicate effectively in a team
- External API integration
- Version control system (GIT)
- Experience in with ‘Docker’ would be advantageous
- Webserver Set up and integration
- Interest in other programming languages is desirable but not essential.
You will be making, updating and maintaining existing websites alongside creating new ones. You’ll need an eye for design, an understanding for building complex apps and websites. Working with designers and developers, you will be making cool things for the web! You should be confident to bring your ideas to the table to make them work with new and existing projects.
You will need to have experience developing using the following technologies and skills:
- OOP PHP (Laravel or knowledge of another modern PHP framework is desirable)
- CSS3 (SASS or LESS is a desirable but not essential)
- PhoneGap for iOS and Android apps
- Database architecture
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Apache or Nginx
- Content Management Systems (WordPress or another CMS)
- Experience developing in a Mac environment
- Adobe design products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Unix commands (ls, cd, grep, etc.)
- WebGL is desirable
- Experience with Unity for VR and AR desirable
If you live and breathe the code for all types of digital solutions then please apply. We are particularly interested in anyone who can demonstrate an understanding of the use of Unity for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality along with the above core grounding in PHP.
No agencies please. Bmore is an equal opportunities employer.
Location: Basingstokeback to jobs